Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Friendship


What about your friends?

A friend loveth at all times and a brother is born for adversity Proverbs 17:17. As early as the womb mankind benefits from communication and interaction. Many doctors suggest that you talk to your child while in the womb and babies respond to music emotions and other stimuli. I don't think I am going out on a limb by saying that God created us to interact with one another. Of course there are individuals like me who are introverts who can get along fine alone but I too like to interact with others. There is a saying that says show me the people that you are closest to and I will tell you who you are. The people who we surround ourselves with tells the world who we are. Life can be hard but when we have others to help us carry our burdens it can be much easier. True friends are honest with you. They won't allow you to do something that is dangerous they will tell you the truth whether you get mad or not. True friends want the best for us. They will push you in a direction that will benefit you and will tell you when you are wasting your time doing something that is not for you. True friends do not envy the applaud for you with your triumphs and they applaud loudly. True friends are sacrificial. People who carry the title of friend will give you the shirt off of their back. They believe in having all things in common like the Christians in the early church (Acts 2:44). True friends will be with you when your soul is in despair and they have your back at all times. In the book of Ruth when Naomi lost her family due to death her daughter in law Ruth stuck by her side when others went their own way and said where you go I will go, your God will be my God, your people my people! We must seek out those who love us enough to tell us the truth, support us when we are down and celebrate us when we achieve.
Live Love & Learn
Follow me on twitter @belmertwan
www.mchenryimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment